Friday, April 30, 2010
April 15-Release Day
Today, I returned to Mrs. Teter’s second-grade classroom. I had learned a lot about her students from my previous release day in her room, so I felt more comfortable in there this time. While I was in her room, my duties as the teacher were somewhat relinquished to the WVU participant in the classroom, who was completing her two weeks of full-time teaching. Because we were both in there, we took the opportunity to engage in co-teaching. The participant shared her lesson plans with me and we worked together to teach it. On this particular day, we just had to help the students review for their science test. So the participant and I took turns asking the students questions about the contents of the chapter on which they would be tested. I really enjoyed the opportunity to teach with the participant. She was able to learn some techniques from me and I was able to learn some techniques from her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.